My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, August 10, 2012

Go Meat!

So I made some vegetarian chili. When I made it I used Yves Veggie Ground Round. I have used this product a great deal in the past when we had a veggie room mate. I haven't eaten it in about a decade though. Anyways, I knew it worked good in chili so I made some. Last night I ate a fairly good sized bowl of it over some brown rice.
About two hours later I started feeling some intestinal distress if you get what I mean and had to dart down the hallway to the potty. It happened again about 20 minutes later and the again about 20 minutes after that so I knew something was up. I tried to figure out what was causing the problem so I looked up the ingredients of the veggie ground round. First ingredient, wheat protein aka gluten.
When I got up this morning my entire body ached. I took some Advil and soldiered on. It took half the day before my intestinal problems cleared up. I learned my lesson. I am not supposed to be a vegetarian. I had completely forgotten that a fair amount of veggie alternatives get there protein for wheat gluten. I am not making that mistake again, next time, all meat!
I also have noticed that the longer I go without any products with gluten the worse the reaction is when I do eat some. Also my blood sugar was high this morning, 157. It hasn't been that high in forever. I am not sure if the two are connected though. I hadn't been a full 8 hours and tested at about 6 hours after I ate because I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment