My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

1/2 Cup of brown rice and an egg

Since I am not eating bread and am eating brown rice much more instead there are only so many things you can do. Just eating a half cup of rice and an egg seems like it could get boring real quick, but honestly I am always coming up with new ideas to keep it fun and interesting and yummy. I have already posted my egg sushi, still eat that several times a week and still love it. The last two days I came up with another 2 breakfasts but really these could also be dinner.

First is Omurice. This is basically a rice omelet that is very popular in Japan. They can be as simple as just eggs, rice and ketchup. I used some of the fixings I have for okonomiyaki already in the house. I seasoned the rice with a small amount of okonomiyaki sauce and a rice seasoning packet that has seaweed bits and salmon bits and sesame seeds,I put some chopped chives from my patio garden in the egg. I cooked it in the largest skillet we have so the egg would be as thin as possible then put the rice on the right hand side of the pan and rolled the egg up towards it in about 3 moves until the rice was covered and then topped it with the same stuff I put on the top of okonomiyai.

343 cal, 30 Carb, 15gm fat

The second egg dish is Huevos Rancheros. I made this with canned re-fried black beans that I spruced up with onions, garlic, ground cumin and chili powder, brown rice that I put some chopped chives and cilantro from my garden in along with a small amount of olive oil and salt and pepper. I put them on the plate side by side and spooned out two tablespoons of chipotle salsa on top of where they met and sat an over easy egg on top and then sprinkled the entire thing with goat cheese crumbles. The earthy flavors of the chipotle peppers and goat cheese really brought this dish together.


367 cal, 43gm carb, 12gm fat

Both of these were very filling but could easily have been made more by adding a salad on the side with dressing that comes in the spray bottle which would only add about 30 more calories to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment