My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Alice's Restaurant

My very good friend Alice is in town on business and last night we took her to a tapas place here in Atlanta. This is one of my favorite places to go eat. On Monday they have all you can eat for $18. The food there is wonderful. I saved all my calories for the day up for this meal. We stretched it out over 2.5 hours. I tried to control my carbs. I didn't go crazy. I'm listing the foods I ate below, some of these were shared and they are all small dishes, portions are the sizes you see on fancy cooking shows on TV. My blood sugar was 111 when I got up this morning, my weight also went a couple of pounds but I'm sure that is fake from the sodium or something. At any rate, I am being VERY good today to make up for it. :D
Here are some photos I took.

This is the food I ate. As I said I tried to watch the carbs. I felt like I ate more than this and was surprised when I totaled it up that I didn't eat more.

Ensalada de Berros- Avocado, Oranges, Almonds and Watercress w/ an Orange Vinaigrette

Pan Catalan - Toasted ciabatta bread topped with tomato, garlic & thyme puree.

Ensalada de Manzana - Arugula, radicchio, granny smith apples, candied walnuts, shaved manchego cheese.

Mejillones con Salsa Verde - P.E.I. Mussels in a spicy salsa verde

Costillas Espanolas - Spanish-style ribs in aged balsamic vinaigrette.

Hongos Fritos - Beer-Battered Button Mushrooms w/ Truffle Ailoi

Pollo a la Parrilla - Grilled Chicken w/ Tomato, Zucchini, & Squash Sofrito, Chickpea & Potato Puree

Meat and Cheese plate with sarrano ham, assorted cheese and marinated olives.

Shrimp and cous cous salad with spicy salsa and citrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment