My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Daily calories

Since it has been a month since I started the new diet I have bumped the number of calories I eat daily up like they do for people that are post bariatric surgery. I now eat in the ballpark of about 1000 calories a day but it usually comes in the low to mid 900's. I can also say that for the most part I am not hungry all the time. I think a big factor in this is that I eat about every 2 hours all day long. I try to keep my calories between 100 to 150, depending on what I'm eating, per meal. I remember hearing many times in the past that for people with diabetes it is better to eat many small meals during the day and not 3 big meals. I can now say that I agree 100%. I eat my food, track it at livestrong.com and when I hit my stop number, I stop. The only time that I don't stick to this is on grilling Monday because it is hard to do when you have to grill everything at the same time, but I control the calories, and save up during the day and because we mostly have been grilling stuff that fits in the diet it has been working well. I can honestly say that the only time it failed was when I didn't plan ahead and it showed on the scale. We are grilling turkey ham and pineapple kabobs again tomorrow, those are so nummy :D

No comments:

Post a Comment