My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 22, 2012

Bob Harper's Skinny Rules

Bob Harper, one of the trainers from The Biggest Loser just put out a new book called The Skinny Rules. I haven't read the book but I have seen him on several talk shows recently out pitching his book. On the shows he has given out some of his rules, here are the first nine.
1. Drink a full glass of water when you wake up and before every meal. It keeps you hydrated and helps you feel full faster.
2. Eat protein with every meal. (I agree with this, he said that he keeps boiled eggs in his fridge at all times, I had already been doing this. Helps me feel validated in some way. If you always pair a carb and a protein it will help keep your sugars level.)
3. Eat berries and an apple every day. (I have been trying to eat fresh fruit at least twice a day so I think I have this covered. Berries can be pricey but he says that frozen are also fine.)
4. Plan one splurge meal per week. (That one is easy. This has generally been our grilling night so even though it is splurge we try and keep it healthy.)
5. Go to bed hungry. (This one is very hard. I have been doing this already, but do drink a couple of cups of decaf coffee or hot tea, esp. chai, it helps with the hunger.)
6. Don't be fooled by labels. Keep an eye on calories, sodium, fiber and carbs, but the most important thing is to keep the servings size correct. A box of pasta really does have 8 servings per box. Portion distortion is what causes the most problems.
7. No carbs after lunch, (Ouch! I don't do this one, but if I get stuck, I might add it.)
8. Don't set yourself up to fail. Put things you can eat like the berries apples, some proportioned cups of yogurt at eye level in your fridge. Cook turkey meatballs or check ahead of time and have them in the fridge ready to go. (I have been doing this but instead of meatballs I have been making the onigiri. They are a full meal ready to go.)
9. Eat a real breakfast. (I couldn't function if I skipped breakfast so this is no problem for me at all. Besides if you go to bed hungry you WILL wake up hungry so it isn't a problem)

No comments:

Post a Comment