My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Garden Update

Things in the garden are coming along nicely albeit slow. Too slow to make me happy, I want some tomatoes! We did harvest a lone yellow squash and cooked it up the other night and it was delicious! It's been pretty hot and I have been trying to keep them watered daily because being in pots they lose their moister very quickly. I haven't really been noticing any animal molestation. I had a backyard garden once before and all my baby vegetables would disappear overnight and I didn't get much from it. That yard was seriously sunlight challenged so I gave up after that first attempt and this is the first attempt at having a patio garden in about a decade. The back patio gets ok sunlight, I wish it got more, there are many trees that line the back yard so it gets kind of shadowy back there during the day. the front yard gets direct sunlight all afternoon and the sun sets on that side of the house but there is not really any place to plant things or even to set pots. The front yard is on a pretty steep incline. So far there are several tomatoes on the vine, the Early Girl is the only one with fruit at the moment, but all the plants have flowers so it is just a waiting game. There also 3 baby squash sprouted.
Here's some pics:


Herbs


Chives


Parsley


Basil


Tomatoes and Peppers


Tomatoes and Squash


Tomatoes and Lettuce


Baby Peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment