My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 6, 2012

After my recent hospital stay the doctor told me to eat a soft food diet. What this means is that I couldn't eat anything that took any effort to digest. I could not eat anything that might give my intestines any kind of workout and I was told no foods with seeds, peel, whole grains or fiber. Needless to say when I got home and started digging around my kitchen I had almost nothing I could eat. I have been eating whole grain and multigrain so long that I didn't have anything I could eat in the house. I had to head out to the grocery store and pick up something I cold eat. I got a breakfast cereal that had no fiber, white bread from the bakery and some stuff to make sandwiches with. When I got home and made a ham and cheese sandwich on a white deli roll with mayo, yellow mustard and ketchup. It was just like eating a sandwich I might have made when I was 14 in the 70's. The taste was familiar and yet strange. I prefer the foods I eat today. After a few days of this I was ready to scream. I got on the scale and discovered that I had gained back all the weight I lost while in the hospital (4lbs) plus another 2, I did scream, 257lbs. That was last Thursday. When that happened I had planned on starting my no surgery bariatric diet on Sunday but my sudden weight gain prompted me to go ahead and start it on Friday morning, which I did. I got on the scale and today I was at 252lbs. This makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment