My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My food journal

I do keep one, but I do it online a livestrong.com. I am making this blog to use as my own personal diet and weightloss journal but on the off chance that somebody besides me is actually reading it, and you would like to follow along with my food intake etc, then you can check it out on my plate at Livestrong, here is a link to my Profile. I set my calorie goal at 1800. I am not trying to eat that much, I use that so I can see daily what my calorie gap is as well.
Like I said earlier, I am following the nutrition plan that people use AFTER they have bariatric surgery, only I am not getting the surgery. I am taking supplements daily and strive to make sure that I am getting foods from all groups, plenty of protein and fiber, not too many carbs, but I am eating good carbs. For the first two months I am keeping my calories between 600 and 800 per day, then after two months I am going to step that up to 900 to 1000 calories per day. This is the way they do it after the surgery so that is what I am doing now. Also as stated before, I am trying to keep my calories low because of the study that showed that people who have type 2 diabetes can "cure" themselves with a low calorie diet. The study makes mention of this as being very similar to what patients who have had obesity surgery experience, so I am hoping for that as well and I have to say, I think it is working because my sugars have dropped dramatically in the last couple of weeks.
So anyway, you can keep up with my food intake if you want to. I have to say that I am lazy about marking what was breakfast and what was a snack etc, but the daily totals are there and you can see them if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment