My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Okonomiyaki first attempt ever

When I was at the Japanese market the other day I also picked up the stuff to make okonomiyaki, which is often refereed to as a Japanese pancake or Japanese pizza and really it is neither. It is made with a rice flour flat pancake like base, but you also add Chinese cabbage, bean sprouts, green onions, bacon and an egg. After it's done you top it off with okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayo, bonito flakes and crushed seaweed. I had a hard time flipping it, but all in all it did ok and OMG, it was wonderful. It was smokey and sweet and fishy and savory all at the same time. Everything you could ever want in a dish. I only made one and Geena and I shared it.

No comments:

Post a Comment