My weight loss so far!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Compact meals on the go.

Last night I made a batch of onigiri (Japanese for rice ball). This was the first time I have attempted to make them.

I got some season packets and a press at the Japanese market yesterday. I used brown rice, crab flavored seasoning, diced turkey ham stuffed into the middle and wrapped them up in nori (roasted seaweed). They are a wonderful compact meal you can take on the go. They are very popular in Japan and are even sold at convenience stores. It is like getting a taste of sushi without going out or having to hassle with the long process of making sushi, which I have done many times. They came in at under 150 calories a piece and are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment